Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Individual must be enrolled in or complete an industry-level certification (Security+, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CSSLP) within 6 months of hire date
• Minimum of seven years of Information Technology experience
• Minimum of four years of Information Security experience
• Minimum of three years in a leadership or in an influential role
• Advanced use of security tools for forensics, penetration testing and monitoring
• Master’s degree in Information Systems from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution strongly preferred.
• CISA/CISSP, CCNP, CompTIA; A+, Server+ preferred CompTIA Network+ strongly preferred
• PMP, PMBOK or similar project management training or certification preferred
• ITIL Fundamentals preferred
• Experience in an higher educational environment
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP security class management
The Information Security Manager develops implements and monitors the college-wide IT security program supporting use of the technology infrastructure including security practices, standards and programs. S/he assists the ITS Operations Manager in the supervision and management of the Systems Administrators. The Information Security Manager will develop implement, maintain and evaluate security policies, practices, standards and procedures. S/he will maintain the written information security manual and related documents for the college. S/he coordinates effective security awareness programs to educate college users on the acceptable use policies, security policies, and best practices. S/he conducts routine audits of security policies and tests security systems and disaster recovery solutions. S/he reviews current performance indicators to assist in the management of ITS projects, tasks and staff to maximize resource utilizations and minimize security risks. S/he provides recommendations on technology requirements and security strategies for the college. The Information Security Manager assists in creating procedures for IT activities in the department and ensures these procedures are followed to create stability within the department and the college.
The Information Security Manager is responsible for developing and managing Information Systems cyber security, including disaster recovery, database protection and software development. S/he manages IS security analysts to ensure that all applications are functional and secure. S/he develops and delivers IS security standards, best practices, architecture and systems to ensure information system security across the enterprise. S/he implements procedures and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards. S/he migrates non-compliant environments to compliant environments and evaluates the organization to ensure compliance with standards and relevance with industry security norms.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact