Closes: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in accounting and/or purchasing required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Open until filled - Review of applications will begin 1/2/2019
Manage all College purchasing activities to ensure that all federal, state, and College laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are followed in the procurement of equipment, supplies, materials, printing, and services for the College; ensure that the best possible product is received for dollars spent; oversee and manage operation of the Shipping and Receiving Department.
Perform a variety of duties including purchasing management functions involving the exercise of independent judgment in accordance with established procedures. Lead the update, maintenance, and training of the purchasing manual.
Create and maintain procedures for all activities in the Dynamic Policy System, or replacement system, to assure compliance and continuity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Purchasing and Receiving
- Direct and perform the processing of all requests for the purchase of equipment, supplies, materials, printing, and services according to rules, regulations, and policies as outlined by the Division of Purchases and Contracts, Department of Administration of the State of North Carolina, federal granting entities, and the North Carolina Community College System.
- Maintain and update purchasing manuals to accurately reflect current state, federal, and NCCC Systems Office policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist College personnel with guidelines to be followed throughout the purchasing process by providing one-on-one training, job aids, and group training.
- Perform duties related to procurement of supplies and equipment which includes obtaining quotes, handling inquiries from departments and vendors, updating files with appropriate information, and resolving problems with vendor orders, shipping, etc.
- Maintain liaison with NC Purchase and Contract (P&C) and NC Department of Information Technology (DIT) to ensure effective communication regarding policy.
- Assist personnel in making selections, measuring rooms, making recommendations on furniture, furnishings, carpet, and computers that are on state contract.
- Supervise assigned activities of the Shipping and Receiving Department.
- Complete year-end processes as directed by the NCCCS System Office and College procedures in a timely manner.
- Manage one-time bid process through P&C and DIT. Formulate and disseminate bid specifications; receive, tabulate, and evaluate bid responses. Award contracts to bidder.
- Manage recurring bid cycles for a variety of services provided to the College, generally on a three-year bid cycle.
- Assure appropriate use of NC IPS System, NC BIDs, and NC E-procurement E-quote System.
- Review expenditures to assure expenses are properly quoted or bid and seek opportunities to quote or bid purchases that could reduce the overall cost to the College.
Reporting and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with state inspection regulations. Schedule third-party inspections and arrange additional services as needed.
- Manage, in coordination with the System Office, all purchases with foreign vendors to assure compliance with System Office procedures as well as state, federal, and IRS regulations.
- Prepare annual reports on waste reduction and recycling efforts and purchases of materials and supplies having recycled content as required by state government regulations.
- Prepare and submit timely HUB reports to the Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses (G.S. 143-128.2, 143-128.3, 143-129, and 143-131).
- Accumulate accurate purchasing flexibility data as non-state term contract purchases occur. Prepare and submit annual flexibility reporting to the NCCCS System Office (G.S. 115D 58.14).
- Prepare and submit monthly and annual equipment summary, balancing subsidiary ledger to general ledger. Record inventory transfers between locations and person responsible. Maintain documentation regarding purchase, transfer, loss due to theft, disappearance, cannibalization, and disposal of equipment. Submit reconciled report to System Office in a timely manner.
- Monitor monthly purchases of equipment to ensure that all equipment items are recorded in equipment inventory. Reclassify purchases to reflect classification in the trial balance.
- Maintain e-procurement approval flows and user access.
- Prepare training and instructional materials for College managers, staff, and faculty in order to expedite the proper and legal acquisition of goods and services.
- Provide one-on-one and group training to assure efficient, compliant purchasing workflows. This includes, but is not limited to, completing the e-procurement order screens and submitting e-quotes.
- Maintain tracking logs of training attendance to fulfill annual reporting to the Office of the State Controller (EAGLE).
Monitor Equipment and Supplies
- Manage minor equipment, high-risk equipment, and capital equipment from purchase to reconciling data for the financial statements. Add and maintain buildings and infrastructure purchases in the Fixed Asset system (ASST).
- Determine the appropriate treatment of each equipment purchase with regard to treatment as a current period expense or as a capital asset; assignment of an appropriate depreciable life, using System Office guidance and professional judgment.
- Maintain capital and high-risk equipment tracking documents, recoding additions and disposals, and evaluating remaining depreciable lives on exiting capital assets.
- Affix barcoded inventory tag to all equipment and enter items into the inventory ledger.
- Prepare data for year-end journal entries to record additions and disposals of assets and to adjust accumulated depreciation.
- Oversee the annual inventory reporting process for the mailroom, print shop, housekeeping, grounds, fire training, and bookstore.
- Complete annual inventory of equipment in order to verify proper location, person responsible, and condition of all equipment. Record transfers and disposals required as a result of inventory.
- Prepare annual report of inventory as required by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges. Submit reconciled report to System Office in a timely manner.
Disposal of Equipment
- Manage surplus items by transferring items internally, transferring items to other community colleges or non-profit organizations, arranging for disposal, or listing items for sale by auction.
- Serve on College committees as requested, and attend staff development opportunities as required.
- Continually search for, identify, and implement process improvements to improve stakeholder experience, reduce processing time, and improve quality.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact