Flat Rock, NC
Closes: Sunday, October 9, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
As a valued member of the Marketing and Communications Department, the coordinator will support the external and internal communications of Blue Ridge Community College.
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our staff to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
What You'll be Doing
- Plan and create written and visual content for College communication mediums such as news releases, newsletters, digital media, printed materials, website, social media, presentations, speeches, event promotions, and integrated communications campaigns to achieve a positive, uniform, style and voice for the College brand.
- Assist with the design of digital and print marketing materials for College programs and departments.
- Create and execute communication strategies to advance the College’s brand and create greater engagement of external and internal constituents including current and prospective students, donors, parents, employees, and the general public.
- Manage content and stakeholder engagement for the College's social media platforms. Develop strategies to increase engagement on each platform.
- Stay informed of College programs, events, and happenings across all campuses in order to support all areas of the College.
- Serve as editor and proofreader for marketing and communications copy.
- Assist with all communications and marketing activities of the department as assigned.
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser to apply directly on our website.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism.
A minimum of three years’ experience working in a marketing or communications position. Management of social media channels for a business, school, or organization is a preferred qualification.
Skills and the Know-How
The ideal person will possess strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media channels.
- Able to design simple, attractive, and on-brand marketing materials.
- Solid understanding of effective marketing techniques.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of AP-style writing is a plus.
- Knowledge of social media posting platforms such as Hootsuite is a plus.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact