Statesville and Mooresville Campuses
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree in Math preferred or master's degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in Math.
Demonstrated experience in teaching in a community college setting is a plus.
- Ability to teach both composition and research skills.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the subject(s) taught.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize courses; use a variety of teaching and learning strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure student success; utilize effective classroom management skills; and employ effective and appropriate evaluations of student performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to open-access community college philosophy, diversity issues, and instructional technology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to the unique nature and role of the College as a learning-centered institution.
Part-time Instructor responsibilities include teaching college-transfer and/or developmental Math courses. Master's degree in Math preferred or master's degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in Math.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach day and evening in-person and/or online classes
- Develop appropriate course goals and objectives along with evaluation methods that accurately measure student learning.
- Be thoroughly prepared for each instructional responsibility.
- Maintain an up-to-date syllabus for each course.
- Conduct class activities that are consistent with course objectives.
- Work with Supervisor to order needed equipment and supplies.
- Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed.
- Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all College materials and grade books at the end of each semester.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Christina Sharkey, Human Resources Assistant
Mitchell Community College
500 W. Broad Street, Statesville, NC 28677