5049 NC Hwy. 306 S.
Grantsboro, NC 28529
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Master’s degree in math
Experience: Positive work history for at least 5 years
Experience: Two years teaching experience preferred, particularly at a community college
Under the supervision of the Chair of General Studies, is responsible for teaching undergraduate courses and advancing academic excellence and student success; teach day classes as required; adhere to the departmental course guidelines; responsible for maintaining all required college records and participating in departmental, divisional, and college-wide advising and recruitment activities and assessment; and will assume other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Academic Tasks
- Teach classes as assigned.
- Demonstrate that instructional goals and learning outcomes have been clearly set and defined.
- Detail means by which instructional goals and learning outcomes have been assessed and achieved.
- Distribute and follow course guide/syllabus.
- Demonstrate that timely feedback on tests, papers, and other assignments has been adequately delivered.
- Administrative Tasks
- Participate in development of course objectives and learning outcomes and in development/selection, and ordering of learning materials.
- Take active role in development and implementation of academic discipline and department goals.
- Participate in scheduled program, division, advisory committee, and college meetings.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and deadlines related to position.
- Learning Environment
- Encourage student participation in class discussions and activities.
- Convey enthusiasm towards students learning the subject.
- Challenge students to think critically.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to the needs of students, while adhering to principles of fairness.
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment in the classroom and office.
- Promote and practice sensitivity towards diversity.
- Student Advising
- Advise students in accordance with college guidelines.
- Assess students’ prerequisites and competencies as appropriate.
- Explain/discuss options for course selection.
- Assist students in preparing schedules for registration.
- Monitor students’ academic progress toward completion of academic goals.
- Professional Characteristics
- Demonstrate competency and currency within the discipline.
- Treat students in a fair and consistent manner.
- Communicate actively and positively with students, colleagues, staff, and administrators.
- Cooperate and works collaboratively as part of a team.
- Participate in professional development such as workshops, conferences, and training.
- Demonstrate curiosity for and receptivity to new ideas and change.
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning.
- Campus Leadership
- Participate in non-professional committees.
- Continually display a positive, professional, and productive demeanor in all interactions with employees, students, and visitors to be consistent with the PCC culture of excellence.
- Other duties
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
This procedure must be followed or application may be rejected. Candidates should submit:
(1) signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3005; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts, if applicable; and (3) a resume.
The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by the deadline date. Mail to Susan McRoy, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529, or firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in subject line or fax to 252-249-2984. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.