Statesville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- an understanding of and a commitment to, community college education and the concept of a learning-centered, open admissions institution, community college philosophy, diversity issues, and instructional technology
- an understanding of adult learning theories is preferred
- demonstrated effective and professional written and oral communication skills and organizational skills
- Master's Degree with 18 graduate hours in Math is required
Subject matter education and/or training and experience that have both the breadth and depth needed to ensure effective teaching in the appropriate subject areas are the minimum requirement as adopted by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- prior community college teaching experience is a plus
Working under the direct supervision of the Division Dean, a curriculum faculty member has three areas of responsibility, instructional, advising, and other duties. Instructional activities require, among other things, subject matter expertise and a thorough preparation for every class. The Mathematics Instructor is responsible primarily for teaching college transfer mathematics courses, and may be asked to teach developmental mathematics courses as needed. Additional responsibilities include participation in college committees and activities, academic advising of students, instruction of both day and evening classes, maintenance of required office hours, participation in professional and curriculum development activities, and performance of other duties assigned by the Dean of College Transfer or the Vice-President for Instruction.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact