- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the subject(s) taught.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize courses; use a variety of teaching and learning strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure student success; utilize effective classroom management skills; and employ effective and appropriate evaluations of student performance.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of campus services for appropriate referral.
- Ability to use instructional technology effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to open-access community college philosophy, diversity and inclusion, and adult learning principles.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to the unique nature and role of the College as a learning-centered institution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Required Master’s degree in Mathematics or a Master’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Mathematics.
- Prefer experience in teaching in a community college setting.
- Prefer experience with the learning platform Moodle.
- Prefer experience with hybrid/internet platform classes.
Part-time Instructor responsibilities include teaching college-transfer physical education courses. Classes meet during the day and/or evening at multiple locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate course goals and objectives along with evaluation methods that accurately measure student learning.
- Be thoroughly prepared for each instructional responsibility including lecture and lab.
- Maintain an up-to-date syllabus for each course.
- Conduct class and lab activities that are consistent with course objectives.
- Work with Division Dean to order needed equipment and supplies.
- Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed.
- Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all College materials and grade books at the end of each semester.
- Attend any required faculty, division, or departmental meetings.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff and students in a congenial and professional manner.
- Comply with College policies and procedures.
- Remain current in the field of study.
- Communicate effectively.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact