- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's Degree in Math or a Master's Degree with 18 or more graduate hours in Math.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with diverse learners, experience instructing high school students and adult learners. Experience with active learning. Blackboard experience a plus.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Central Carolina Community College is recruiting for Adjunct Instructors to teach courses on the Lee Main Campus in Sanford, Chatham Main Campus in Pittsboro, Harnett Main Campus in Lillington or online.
The purpose of an instructor is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
Please include unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Will be required to submit official copies of transcripts before start date.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Teach curriculum to students.
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.
- Work cooperatively with all directors and staff.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Mathematics Instructor will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.