- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree from an accredited required in Mathematics; and/or Master's degree in an related field with at least 18 graduate hours completed in Mathematics-related coursework.
All coursework must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Principles and procedures of academic and institutional program development in relevant field
- Current trends, research, developments, and resources in relevant field
- Federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they relate to students and teaching
- Create effective instruction for delivery both online and in the classroom
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Work effectively in diverse teams, both within assigned department and cross-functionally across the college
- Interpret and apply college goals, policies, and procedures
- Maintain any relevant equipment and supplies related to instruction
Adjunct faculty members provide instruction in assigned courses on a part-time, as needed basis. The current need is seated or hybrid. Some courses may be taught in area high schools.
Part-time faculty postings are a part of Catawba Valley Community College's efforts to expand our pool of adjunct instructors.
Examples of Duties:Provide effective instruction to students online and/or in the classroom by preparing for each learning experience, providing supplemental materials to enhance textbooks and lessons, and using effective evaluation methods to measure student performance.
Ensure teaching and working environment (classroom, lab) by maintaining equipment and supplies, ensuring overall cleanliness, and functionality.
Maintain accurate records (such as attendance, grades, documentation for accreditation, etc.) and submit any corresponding reports according to departmental or college guidelines.