Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 8, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Associate’s degree in Medical Assisting or related field required; Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
Set forth by the CAAHEP:
- Demonstrate appropriate academic background
- Possess appropriate experience in the field of medical assisting as evidenced by education and/or experience and have instruction in education theory and techniques.
- Be a Certified Medical Assistant or have qualifications otherwise acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills: Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Licensing or certification requirements: Current American Association of Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (AMT)
Bachelor's degree or higher in related field preferred
Medical Assisting, Clinical Coordinator
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time (10 month) Medical Assisting Clinical Coordinator. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Our application must be completed in its entirety; a resume in lieu of a fully completed application is not acceptable. Attach a copy of unofficial school transcripts and evidence of certification.
The Medical Assisting Clinical Coordinator will provide organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Medical Assisting program. Instructs students in medical assisting courses both in the classroom and clinical setting and performs related administrative and record keeping duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning:
- Direct and coordinate all activities related to clinical practice including coordinating the use of clinical facilities; planning schedules for clinical rotations; conducting clinical orientation sessions; implementing clinical policies; providing support of clinical instructors; directing and overseeing the efficient completion of all clinical forms; evaluation of students in the clinical setting and developing and upgrading clinical objectives.
- Cooperate with the department chair in periodic review and revision of clinical course materials.
- Correlate clinical education with didactic instruction
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chair and approved by the division dean
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all clinical records
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, office hours and posted office hours, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary
- Make recommendations to program chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise
- Utilize student learning outcome assessment results to improve course(s)/program(s)
- Assist with accreditation duties as needed
- Provide assistance to advisees
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees
- Follow up on all assigned advisees
- Attend training sessions relative to advising
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the program chair and the division dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development objectives
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
- Attend all required department and college meetings
- Serve on college and departmental committees as assigned
- Participate in college-wide activities
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to meet the essential cognitive, sensory, affective and psychomotor performance requirements and functions. Able to lift and transfer at least 20 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
Working Conditions and Environment:
Ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. Limited travel within service area.
Must be able to operate various Medical Assisting equipment used in the administrative and clinical portion of the program.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a successful background search.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557