On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, September 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medical assisting faculty must:
- Be current and competent in MAERB Core Curriculum Standards and the objectives the individual is teaching, as evidenced by: Education and a minimum of three years' work experience related to the course content.
Education Minimum: Associate degree in Medical Assisting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified as a Medical Assistant (AAMA).
Experience Minimum: A minimum of three years' work experience in the clinical area.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Medical Assisting or related allied health field and instruction in educational theory and techniques.
Preferred: College teaching experience preferred.
Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; grading papers; and counseling and advising students. Faculty must utilize instructional plans, direct and assess student progress in achieving theory and performance requirements of the program. Faculty must be knowledgeable in course content, as evidenced by education and/or experience, effective in directing and evaluating student learning and laboratory performance, and be prepared in educational theory and techniques.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches MED courses and instructs students using a variety of instruction modalities.
- Prepares lesson plans, prepares lectures, writes course overviews and outlines.
- Prepares tests, class projects and case studies; grades papers; averages grades, prepares grade reports, and coordinates make-up tests with learning lab.
- Counsels and advises students; conducts learning labs as needed, assists in registration.
- Selects textbooks, videos and Internet activities; gathers outside project materials.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; prepares travel and travel expense reports; responds to annual evaluation report.
- Works on assigned committees, attends school-wide events, attends professional development conferences and maintains Medical Assisting certification, attends faculty meetings, and keeps current in medical field related via various media and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Utilize instructional plans
- Direct student learning
- Assess student progress in achieving requirements of the program
- Theory (Cognitive Domain)
- Practice (Psychomotor and Affective Domains)
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of descriptive data and information, such as policy manuals, Employee Handbook, SACS Criteria Manual, program guidelines from DCC, course syllabi and course textbooks.
Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, ability to calculate decimals and percentages
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, teaching pedagogy, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of the programs. Develops and applies new and unique methods and thinking to executing plans and strategies.
A complete knowledge of Microsoft Products as used in overall management in an educational environment is required. Experience creating training using various authoring tools. Experience with online course delivery systems such as Blackboard.
Requires the ability to exercise honest, consistent and sound judgment in a supervisory capacity. Includes the ability to make decisions on procedural and technical levels. Ability to establish and maintain effective, harmonious, and collaborative relationships with a diverse population of students, staff and community.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization:
Requires the ability to use, operate, and/or handle office equipment, such as a computer and printer, facsimile machine, copier, calculator and communications equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact