Main Campus, Graham, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 19, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Must have an Associates' degree in Medical Assisting (preferred) or other qualified allied health career area from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must have a minimum of two years' experience in clinical and/or administration duties in a medical office.
- Must be capable of teaching any Medical Assisting courses as assigned by the Department Head.
- Must be effective in directing and evaluating student learning and lab performance.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff, students, and others.
- Must be knowledgeable in the course content of the program.
- Must be prepared in Educational Theory and Techniques and have teaching experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
Alamance Community College is seeking an experienced Medical Assisting Instructor to join our team of health professional educators. Successful candidate will be a positive team player who can effectively engage students and contribute to student success.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:Medical Assisting Instructors
- Direct and assess student progress in achieving theory (cognitive), skills (psychomotor) and behavioral (affective) requirements of the Medical Assisting program.
- Prepare and conduct instructional activities, including lectures and labs. Plan, administer, and grade student evaluation instruments.
- Tutor Medical Assisting students as needed.
- Advise students in their academic and professional plans.
- Maintain professional knowledge of assigned instructional area.
- Participate in student recruiting and student activities.
- Builds relationships with area health professionals, departments within the College and other stakeholders as needed to ensure the effectiveness and relevancy of the Medical Assisting program.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills in communication with students to include recruiting and advising, as well as participation with colleagues, staff, administrators, and community partners as individuals or as a part of a team. Participation in college functions, committee assignments and other tasks as assigned by the department head is also required. Work hours may include day, evening, and weekend hours. Some classes may be taught on the high school campus.
How to Apply
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to present a 15-minute lesson on a subject chosen by the screening committee.
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and a unofficial transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
Job Posting closes 08/19/2022 at 5:00pm