- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Educational Background:
- Associate’s degree in Medical Assisting
- Hold an active certification as a Medical Assistant
Required Industry Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ professional experience as a medical assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
- Two years’ experience teaching at a Community College or University
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The purpose of an instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred. The Medical Assisting Adjunct Instructor may teach both the didactic and clinical component of the curriculum designed to help students build knowledge and clinical skills.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers for student progression in the course, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational goals.
- Use teaching methodology that incorporates a dynamic instructional environment that promotes a positive, interactive, and inclusive learning experience for all students.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the changes in the healthcare industry as it relates to medical assisting and assist the program director with modifying existing courses when appropriate to keep current with new changes.
- Assist in maintaining department equipment, supplies, and materials, and support resources.
- Participate in department meetings, advisory board meetings, and other college meetings and activities.
- Follow departmental policies and policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Maintain current industry licensure and credentials, including earning annual CME/CEUs.
- Be responsible for and perform other such duties as may be assigned.