Sandhills Community College
3395 Airport Road
Pinehurst, NC 28374
3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst NC 28374
$60,000.00 - $65,000.00 Annually
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees.
Opens: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Closes: Friday, February 16, 2024
Closes: Friday, February 16, 2024
Target Start Date
Friday, March 1, 2024
Expected Work Hours
8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
- Have a minimum of an associate degree.
- Needs instruction in educational theory and techniques before accreditation.
- Be credentialed in good standing in medical assisting, by an organization whose credentialing exam is accredited by The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Strong communication skills and experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Applicant must be prepared to demonstrate a teaching lesson.
- Have a minimum of three years of employment in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administration and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants.
- Have a minimum of one-year teaching experience in post secondary education, and to be able to teach online if necessary.
The Medical Assistant Program Director is responsible for the effective operation of a quality Medical Assistant training program in compliance with CAAHEP and MAERB accreditation standards.
- Establish and update a Medical Assisting program syllabus to include a course description, course objectives, methods of evaluation, a topic outline, and the objectives and competencies required.
- Implement curriculum that includes content and competencies that meet or exceed those stated in the latest edition of the MAERB Core Curriculum.
- Assess goals and learning domains of the Medical Assisting program; identify and respond to changes in the needs and/or expectations of its communities of interest.
- Collect and gather data throughout the year for annual reporting by required deadline.
- Assess the Medical Assisting Program’s effectiveness in achieving its stated goals and learning domains through outcomes assessment which include, but are not limited to retention/graduation, job placement, credentialing participation and passage rate, as well as employer and graduate satisfaction. The Medical Assisting Program must meet the outcomes assessment thresholds established by the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
- Annually assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of program resources and maintain three (3) years of resource assessments to be made available upon request.
- Maintain, and provide upon request, accurate and complete information about student and/or graduate achievement that includes the results of one or more of the outcomes assessments required, and materials and participation in the Annual CAAHEP Report.
- Report changes to curriculum, faculty, and other program changes to MAERB.
- Ensure student records, files, master competency checklist, and instructional materials are retained for CAAHEP accreditation purposes in compliance with Standard IV.A.2, MAERB Policy 220.
- Ensure announcements, catalogs, publications, and advertising, accurately reflects the Medical Assistant program offered.
- Participate in Advisory Committee that includes at least one representative from each of the following groups: students, graduates, medical assisting faculty, sponsor administration, employers, physicians (MD, PA, DO, NP), and the public. Work with the Vice President of Continuing Education & Workforce Development and the Allied Health Director to organize and coordinate the meetings.
- Ensure a minimum of two (2) Advisory Meetings are held annually.
- Ensure instructors maintain required documentation in student files for practicum hours in compliance with CAAHEP policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with various entities.
- Direct and coordinate all activities related to clinical/practicum including coordinating the use of clinical/practicum facilities; planning schedules for clinical/practicum rotations; conducting clinical/practicum orientation sessions; implementing clinical/practicum policies; providing support of clinical/practicum instructors; directing and overseeing the efficient completion of all clinical/practicum forms; evaluation of students in the clinical/practicum setting and developing and upgrading clinical/practicum objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining all clinical/practicum records.
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
- Fulfill the duties of clinical/practical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, office hours and posted office hours, etc.
- Act as a role model for students.
- Attend staff development meetings, and other meetings and trainings.
- Attend job fairs and other student recruitment opportunities.
- Participate in community activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.