Medical Programs Coordinator
Closes: Wednesday, June 7, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Nursing or a Nursing Diploma from a regionally accredited institution; at least two (2)years (4000 hours) of experience as a registered nurse in the United States
- Unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina
- Meets at least one of the following:
- Completion of a course in teaching adults
- Experience in teaching adults, OR,
- Experience in supervising nurse aides.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Supervisory experience and proven ability to effectively supervise, manage, coordinate, evaluate, plan, and assess programs.
- Proven oral, written, research and organizational skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Proven ability to follow directions, work with little supervision, submit timely reports, and maintain confidentiality.
- Above average computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- At least five years (10,000 hours) work experience as a registered nurse.
- Experience and proven ability as a classroom instructor in health occupations programs.
- At least three years teaching experience.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in other health occupations fields offered at the college.
- Experience with online instruction and use of Blackboard.
- Detail oriented, creative and innovative.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
This position implements, directs, and supervises other short-term continuing education medical programs given at CCCC. This position reports to the Director of Continuing Education Medical Programs.
This position requires ability to travel to all CCCC medical programs locations and clinical sites. Work is performed in a classroom, laboratory and clinical environments with risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
Office location can vary between Lee, Chatham, and Harnett County at the preference of candidate.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Demonstrates high degree of skill in teaching; models effective teaching techniques for trainers/instructors.
- Coordinates clinical rotation and end of class mock testing.
- Registers students for the state certification examination.
- Coordinates outside education activities for the students.
- Monitors course offerings and recommends additions, changes, deletions to keep program/area current; coordinates the development of course outlines and materials in assigned area.
- Recruits, interviews, recommends trainers/instructors/staff and provides orientation for assigned area; monitors and evaluates trainer/instructor/staff performance. Ensures the submission of initial employment forms for employees.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Medical Programs Coordinator will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540