Closes: Monday, February 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in a computer related field and/or two years Microsoft Server administration experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Security using Active Directory, Azure AD, and/or Office 365 Online groups.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft IIS, Powershell, and network concepts.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft 365.
- Critical thinking and problem determination skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field
- Microsoft 365, Microsoft Server, and/or Cybersecurity certifications.
- Advanced scripting and development skills using PowerShell
- Administration experience with Softdocs etrieve Document Imaging.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft PowerApps, and Power Automate.
- Working knowledge of RedHat Linux.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Microsoft Administrator reports directly to the Director of Information Technology Services. The Microsoft Administrator administers the Microsoft environment for the college. The Microsoft Administrator works with staff to facilitate implementation of Microsoft 365 solutions.
- Administers Microsoft 365 including adding users, controlling access to document libraries, setting permissions, etc.
- Serve as the Microsoft Exchange Administrator.
- Manages Microsoft 365 security administration.
- Maintain and administer the colleague-related Windows servers.
- Identifies, researches, recommends, architects, and implements Microsoft 365 solutions and applications such as Teams, Flow, PowerApps, OneDrive, Forms, Bookings, SharePoint, etc.
- Develops, maintains, and updates Microsoft 365 governance documentation.
- Provides second tier support services to staff, faculty and students for complex, technical and configuration issues related to Microsoft 365.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed, during and after normal business hours, to identify, assess and mitigate critical operational issues
- Stays current on Microsoft 365 changes, updates and new Microsoft releases for Microsoft 365 and related products.
- Assist with researching and implementing emerging technology.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff with the procurement of computer hardware and software
- Assist with semi-annual updates for the Computer Services’ Operating Manual and the on-going updating of all server operating manuals.
- Create and conduct end user training as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205