Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree
- Three years of work experience in human services is required.
- Experience working with the community college student population (e.g. adult learners, low income, first-generation, etc.).
- Experience with college-level retention efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex issues facing higher education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of retention in higher education.
- Experience with data collection and analytics.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive customer-oriented focus with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Under the supervision of the Director of Recruitment and Retention, the Minority Male Student Initiative (MMSI) Program Coordinator will work diligently to increase retention, progression, and graduate rates for minority male students. The MMSI Program Coordinator will provide academic and career advising, academic support services to students by collecting, organizing, and analyzing information, and participate in College programs, activities, and committees which are designed to promote minority male student persistence, retention, and completion.
As a representative of Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, (MMSI) Program Coordinator will be a fearless advocate for the College and its students – on the phone, in person, and online. The MMSI Program Coordinator makes a difference by helping students achieve their goal of obtaining a degree