Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years’ experience working with a diverse audience
- Experience working with youth or dislocated adults.
- Experience working with minority males as a mentor within schools or communities.
- Experience coaching or tutoring youth, middle, or high school students.
- Ability to carry out equity initiatives in partnership with external and internal partners.
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
- Willingness to workdays, evenings, weekends, and at unconventional times.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Recruiting and outreach experience
To ensure student success and support for our local high school minority males to participate in the Minority Male Success Initiative by providing recruitment and access. The MMSI- Outreach Coach will assist minority male students in making an informed decision regarding career and educational plans in preparation for success in post-secondary education and training.
- Implement processes with student support services to increase student recruitment and access. Coach students regularly and adhere to the coaching requirements of MMSI.
- Travel to the area high schools to recruit minority males for Career and College Promises.
- Coordinate activities and events for the MMSI male students to increase student engagement.
- Coordinate mentoring sessions and referrals to improve student academic performance.
- Assist in assigning Peer Mentors to specific tasks.
- Assist in establishing an MMSI calendar of activities and events.
- Advise students about academic requirements for graduation and transfer and assist students with the selection of classes and registration.
- Analyze data to achieve MMSI goals and outcomes.
- Coordinate internship and workforce development opportunities for students.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all-inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The starting date for the positions is 1/3/23. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be 11/30/22 and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 246. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact