3395 Airport Rd., Pinehurst, NC 28374
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, January 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A master’s degree or higher in communications or a master’s degree and 18 graduate credit hours in Music, or a closely related field.
- Active professional performance and teaching record.
- Excellent organizational, communication, creative skills.
- Demonstrated experience in classroom.
- Ability to teach Music Appreciation and/or Music History courses.
- Demonstrated commitment to the importance of a liberal arts or general education.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Community college teaching experience and credentials to teach in additional discipline(s) are preferred.
- Online teaching experience (preferably with Moodle).
- Two years of higher education teaching beyond the graduate assistant level.
Prior community college teaching experience is preferred.
Advising at the collegiate level with preference to community college students.
- Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Proven experience with community-building in education.
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a full-time music Instructor. The music instructor will use their knowledge, skills, and motivation to guide student learning through a classroom, lab, and applied studio-based program. Instructional duties will include teaching topics in the Associate in Fine Arts in Music degree program, using a variety of delivery modes: traditional classroom, online, hybrid, weekend, mini-mester, and evening. Additional faculty duties include assisting with student recruitment, advising students and performing support duties as assigned by the department chair. Class sessions may take place on the Sandhills Community College campus and on Moore and Hoke County high school campuses. Interviews for the position will include a teaching demonstration and an oral/written assessment conducted in a computer environment.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2020. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.