Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent outreach, recruiting or student services work experience in a higher education setting;
3. Must have work experience in planning, organizing, and implementing educational programs and services;
4. Must have experience working with the academic, social, and economic challenges of students from diverse backgrounds;
5. Must have a valid driver’s license.
1. Must have a minimum of two years full-time or equivalent work experience in outreach, recruiting, or student services in a community college setting;
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Supports a college-wide, regional outreach and recruiting program that supports the mission, inclusion, and enrollment goals of the college, specializing in the outreach, recruitment, and enrollment coaching for under-represented prospective, current, and former
students affected by academic, social, and economic challenges. Coaches and supports students to achieve intended enrollment in a program of study or credential leading to gainful employment, successful transfer to a four-year university, or short-term training.
Works with college constituents to create and implement effective outreach, recruiting, and coaching strategies and campaigns. Provides regular activity and outcome reports.
1. Identifies, establishes contact with, and acts as liaison to provide support and comprehensive enrollment coaching for under-represented students, including former students with financial barriers and student account balances, preventing them from enrolling or re-enrolling.
2. Works with the Enrollment and Testing Services Department and College constituents to facilitate student enrollment and re-enrollment transition to the college for former students who have financial barriers such as student account balances which prevent enrollment and are an obstacle to student success.
3. Assists students and clients with the College application, Residency Determination Service (RDS) online interview, student orientation, FAFSA and other financial aid and scholarship applications, and college placement. Works closely with and refers students to Student Advisors and Student Success Coaches, and other faculty and staff as deemed necessary to facilitate program and course selection and registration. Also connects students, as deemed necessary, with non-credit opportunities and College resources.
4. Coaches students in person in Bailey Building Enrollment Lab. Assists with and conducts virtual appointments in the lab for students.
5. Maintains awareness of programs of study, courses, short-term training, and opportunities for students and community partners.
6. Identifies students at risk of deregistration and works with appropriate college resources and services to assist in student re-enrollment.
7. Assists each student identified with financial challenges, including past-due student accounts, to assess and understand the impacts of student debt and connects students to financial wellness resources and learning opportunities.
8. Compiles and collects data; sets up and maintains online and manual files; enters modifies, and retrieves a variety of statistical and other data for special and regular reports. Reports data to Director of Enrollment and Testing Services for College strategic enrollment goal tracking and grant reporting.
9. Executes student and community visitation programs, virtual and in-person special events, and activities to encourage enrollment and re-enrollment.
10. Organizes and conducts campus tours to encourage enrollment and re-enrollment.
11. Promotes and embodies a professional appearance and attitude and engages in behaviors that create an inclusive and welcoming environment in which all people are valued and supported.
12. Provides strong student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approachability, inclusion, adaptability, problem-solving, and support of student success.
13. Utilizes and implements resources, such as websites, social media, and workshops to help students prepare for college.
14. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
15. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.