Closes: Friday, August 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum (2) years work experience in an educational environment as a career/academic advisor, academic/success coach or industry-related career development work experience in business, industry, or labor.
-Demonstrated ability to build meaningful, quality relationships.
-Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
-Effective oral and written communication skills.
Must be physically able to perform job duties, including moving, bending, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
Master’s Degree in Education or related field from a regionally accredited institution and minimum (2) years work as a success work experience at community college as a career/academic advisor, academic/success coach or industry-related career development work experience in business, industry, or labor.
12-months *Grant funded for (3) years NC Works Career Coach
Responsible for assisting students with determining career goals and identifying community college programs to enable students to achieve these goals. The NC Career Coach will work with career development specialists and high school counselors to identify potential Career and College Promise (CCP) students and provide college and career advising and registration assistance with enrollment into CCP pathways.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Career and Technical Education, Director of Educational Partnerships, and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the NC Career Coach will educate career development specialists, high school counselors, teachers, students, and parents about CCP enrollment and post-secondary opportunities at RCC.
*Funding Period: [FY 2019-2020; FY 2020-2021; and 2021-2022]
- Working in collaboration with high school counselors and career development specialists to advise and enroll students in CCP pathways.
- Providing college and career advising and registration assistance with enrollment in educational pathways.
- Assisting with the community college admission and enrollment process.
- Organizing orientation activities for CCP students prior to enrollment.
- Organizing learning management system [Moodle] and videoconference orientation for CCP student prior to enrollment.
- Maintaining records for enrollment, tracking and grant reporting purposes.
- Participating in any school related activities in which CCP pathways and RCC enrollment can be promoted, i.e. Parents Night(s), Athletic events, Academic Booster Clubs, etc.
- Working with enrollment management team members to meet CCP enrollment goals.
- Participating in team meetings and professional development activities as directed by the Directors of Career and Technical Education and Education Partnerships.
- Engaging high school students, counselors, career development specialists, teachers, parents, and all stakeholders in information sessions related to college success, CCP advising sessions, and RCC programs.
- Maintaining high quality and professional partnerships with secondary school personnel.
- Interpreting the mission, educational philosophy and vision statements of RCC to the general public.
- Maintaining the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Representing the College professionally and handling all student inquiries confidentially.
- Teaching college student success courses to CCP students.
- Collaborating with department chairs and program directors to stay abreast of program changes.
- Communicating with department chairs and program directors opportunities for growth, improvement, and new programs based on secondary school feedback.
- Establishing a relationship with the RCS college advisors to create meaningful opportunities in early access and awareness for first generation college-going students.
- Participating in all aspects of the institutional planning process.
- Working with enrollment management team to outline CCP enrollment goals.
- Supporting discipline specific student learning outcomes and assessment.
- Identifying potential services, workshops, and/or seminars that would benefit the CCP program and its stakeholders.
Organizing and Controlling
- Assisting with the development and revision of all official policies of RCC.
- Organizing procedures for the implementation of all official policies and regulations of RCC and the NCCCS specific to CCP.
- Maintaining compliance with established performance standards with the NCCCS, RCC, and other stakeholders.
- Implementing Enrollment Management Team policies and procedures for RCC.
- Stimulating and influencing innovation and creativity at all levels within the organization.
- Serving as a role model and advocate for academic programs at RCC.
Public Relations Support
- Maintaining effective intra-institution relationships with members of the Board of Trustees, President’s Cabinet Staff, RCS Board of Education, RCS Executive Team, and all administrative staff, faculty, and support personnel of the college at RCC and RCS.
- Providing appropriate liaison support with the North Carolina Community College System, RCC and other relational entities.
- Collaborating with the NCCCS staff of public relations and marketing opportunities.
- Promoting Rockingham Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Providing appropriate liaison support with Rockingham County Schools.
- Participating in activities that promote and enhance the College’s image among its various publics.
The NC Career Coach will be housed on the campus of each traditional high school one day a week and on the campus of RCC one day a week. The President reserves the right to revise the location in order for the college to carry out its mission.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Career Technical Education and Director of Educational Partnerships, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and/or the President of Rockingham Community College.
- The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.