54 College Drive, Marion, NC 2872
Closes: Friday, July 8, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required: to be working toward completing an Early Childhood Associate's degree
Required: current cleared background check letter from DCDEE and proof of negative TB test.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Early Childhood
Under the direction of the Lead Teacher of the Child Development Center, the Teacher Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Provide a healthy, happy, loving atmosphere using kindness, affection positive direction and reinforcement always projecting a quiet, gentle voice.
- Be safety conscious – familiar with center’s safety standards for indoor and outdoor play.
- Assist with implementation of teacher’s activity plans, helping to gather and organize needed materials, and supplies for the day.
- Follow the daily schedule allowing for flexibility.
- Takes daily attendance.
- Continually add to, upgrade and maintain all interest centers.
- Maintain a friendly rapport with all parents.
- Consult with the teacher about behavior problems before consulting with the parent.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of portfolios for each child, recording daily anecdotes according to the High Scope Observation process.
- Participate in all center functions.
- Attend workshops, conferences or other training events as require by child care regulations.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Implement disciplinary procedures according to the center’s written discipline policy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the center handbook.
- Keep the floors swept and free from debris.
- Clean and disinfect the tables after each activity and at the end of the day.
- Conduct a daily health assessment on each child as they arrive to school.
- Promote positive health practices that will reduce the spread of disease, including daily hand washing upon entering school, after using the toilet and before and after eating.
- Greet each child and parent upon entering classrooms.
- Gather and organize needed materials necessary to effectively implement activity plan.
- Report to the teacher any damaged equipment and the need for supplies.
- Replace all materials used to their proper places.
How to Apply
Submit an MTCC application and resume:
Via email to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Via snail mail to-
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
In-person to- Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive (Marion, NC), Cedar Building, Business Office
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
If you have questions, contact Breanna Wilson by email, phone or fax: