Closes: Sunday, March 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A Master's Degree in education, counseling, human services, business, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience in academic advising and knowledge of student information systems is strongly desired.
- Strong customer relations skills and relationship building skills desired.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of the mission of the community college especially as it relates to enrollment and student support service functions.
- Ability to work independently and with persons from diverse backgrounds is necessary.
- Possess a satisfactory criminal background check.
- P.H.D. Degree in education, counseling, human services, business, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and training.
*THIS IS A RE-POST...PREVIOUS APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND NEED NOT TO RE-APPLY*
The primary purpose of this position is to assist students with defining long-term and short-term goals and career aspirations. The Career Coach helps students begin to prepare for a lifetime journey with the intent of helping them achieve their educational, career and financial goals. The Career Coach provides support, encouragement and guidance to students. The NC Career Coach is classified as EXEMPT and is 1/2 State and 1/2 Grant funded.
Examples of Duties:
- Engage students in organizing career planning sessions, which includes individual coaching sessions, career development sessions, and career assessments.
- Connect students, parents and counselors to regional workforce needs and trends and also to the needs of the business and industry community.
- Expose students to multiple career opportunities.
- Provide transition service assistance from high school to postsecondary institutions.
- Provide access to first generation underrepresented students who are not likely to pursue higher education.
- Provide support for the community college Career and College Promise programs and Career and Technical Education programs.
- Keep accurate and timely records and reports.
- Attend relevant meetings and trainings.
- Participate in on-going professional development activities.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities of the HCC NC Works Career Coach Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Special Instructions to Applicants and Additional Information:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted.