Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent high school or community college teaching or counseling/advising experience required.
1. One year of full-time or equivalent industry experience in Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare, or Hospitality and Tourism;
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
The purpose of this position is to assist high school students with determining career goals and identifying A-B Tech programs that would enable students to achieve those goals. The employee will spend approximately 100% of their time at Madison High School. Full Time Regular Grant Funded Position thru 06/30/2023.
1. Provides high school students with accurate information concerning current career opportunities, along with the required education and/or training, and how A-B Tech can help meet those education and training needs.
2. Serves as a strong advocate for high school students continuing their education at A-B Tech.
3. Interacts professionally and effectively with high school students.
4. Follows all local board of education rules while on any high school campus.
5. Integrates with the faculty and staff of the high schools.
6. Develops pedagogical materials and technologies needed to enhance the advising process.
7. Proactively develops methods and procedures to build awareness of the program, including: presentations to individual classes, teacher and counselor groups, assemblies, and community organizations; development of college and high school web pages; updates to parents and employers; participation in career and registration fairs, etc.
8. Coordinates activities with Madison County Public Schools Middle and High School Career Development Coordinators
9. Provides annual data as required by the State Board of Community Colleges.
10. Ensures compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
11. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
12. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.