Closes: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in an IT related field
- Two years within a team environment and/or working independently with data center operations, networking, servers, storage area networks, wireless, network and data security, IP telephony and cloud services.
- Understanding of data center operations, networking, servers, storage area networks, wireless, network and data security, IP telephony and cloud services
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN design and protocols
- Current Microsoft Windows Server administration and Office 365 experience
- Two years Apple Macintosh hardware and software experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- IT certifications with Apple, Microsoft, Networking, Security and Project Management
- Two years CISCO voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and CISCO firewall administration experience
- UNIX/Oracle Solaris/LINUX experience
- Fiber Optic Cabling experience
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Network Administrator - Security reports directly to the Assistant Director of Information Technology Services. The Network Administrator - Security is responsible for implementing and troubleshooting new and existing networks on campus. The Network Administrator - Security supports the services for network infrastructure and cybersecurity.
- Independently resolve critical break/fix issues involving all servers, network and data security, SAN, telephony, LAN, WAN, and data center both virtual and physical
- Provides responses to disruptions in the college’s network and telephone services, troubleshoots problems to implement solutions and restores network operation services.
- Monitors and ensures network, wireless, network and data security and IP telephony services are available to the College
- Monitors data center resources, wireless, LAN, WAN, VoIP, security, SAN and server environments, including when necessary off hours, to provide necessary support for all outages
- Provides solutions to implement future data and network security, telephony, computer, storage and networking technologies
- Monitor and recognize any potential threat or attempted breach of systems by closing off the security vulnerability, building appropriate firewalls into the network infrastructure
- Lead PCI compliance for the college including any diagnostic testing
- Provides implementation support and troubleshooting to other Computer Services staff in support of customer problem calls and project initiatives
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation
- Manage the enterprise and wireless network for the college.
- Maintain and administer the college’s voice over internet protocol (VoIP) system.
- Responsible for all network cabling for the college
- Serve as a technical resource for the college’s emergency notification system
- Primary technical support and maintenance for Macintosh computer equipment and software campus-wide
- Maintain and administer the college’s camera security system, Design server and Photography servers
- Provide assistance with troubleshooting multi-platform PC software and hardware issues campus wide
- Create and conduct end user training as needed
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205