Network and End User Support Analyst
Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in a computer-related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field from a regionally accredited institution and three years in a related field.
Responsible for installing and maintaining networking hardware and software. Diagnose and repair software problems on network infrastructure and Nash Community College (NCC) assets. Maintain campus phone system. Maintain Datacenter backup solution. Assist Network Administrator with overall operations of the campus network and related devices.
- Assist Network Administrator with the installation of campus network infrastructure including hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Install and configure new software packages and software upgrades on network servers and NCC assets.
- Diagnose and implement solutions to user reported problems.
- Assist Network Administrator/Operations Lead with installation, modification and removal of network devices across NCC network infrastructure including switches, access points, wireless devices, and other devices as required.
- Assist Network Administrator/Operations Lead with the updating and maintaining of security policies on NCC firewall and web content devices.
- Provide technical assistance in maintaining the NCC e-mail system.
- Manage configuration, adds, moves, and changes to campus phone system.
- Maintain Datacenter backup solution.
- Assist in monitoring and resolution of: AWS, Azure solutions, Microsoft 0365, SCCM/MECM, WSUS, Falcon Strike, and other vulnerability reports.
- Assist the Computer Technician(s) with setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of NCC assets and provide direction and feedback as required.
- Advise college personnel in the procurement of hardware and software, communication extension, installing hardware, and on resolving abnormal software and hardware malfunctions such as virus, and system errors.
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and administer software and ensure that resources are operational to accommodate staff efficiency.
- Repair existing NCC systems and peripherals as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Assist the Network Administrator/Operations Lead in the assessment of procurement of new hardware and software.
- Assist in maintaining, developing, and applying rigorous security standards for NCC systems while adhering to required industry standards.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for exempt full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other machinery.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.
- Ascend/descend a ladder.
- Ability to provide maintenance to technology items on the floor, wall, ceiling, or tight spaces.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
**Nash Community College will only accept applications that are submitted online through the online application system. Please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/nashcc? to view any vacancies and submit your application.**