Morehead City, NC
Closes: Monday, November 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, or Associates degree and five-plus years related experience. Applicants must attach to their application a copy of their unofficial transcript(s) documenting education.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of computer/server support experience in an educational environment preferred.
- Understanding of network and host-based security devices (firewall, Virtual Private Network [VPN], load balancers, switches, routers, wireless and other network devices or applicances).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate, CCNA (or better) preferred.
- Security+ (or better) preferred
- MCSA (or better) preferred
- VMWare experience preferred
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Network and Security Administrator. Benefits include pension, paid vacation and sick leave, 12 paid holidays annually, low-cost health insurance.
Salary Range: $41,636 to $53,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Applications will be accepted through November 14, 2022.
The Network and Security Administrator installs, maintains, enhances, troubleshoots, supports, and monitors the College’s IT network infrastructure and security-related hardware and software.
Examples of Essential Duties include:
- Provide technical oversight of a multi-building enterprise level network including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting,
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts,
- Design, deploy, and administer the wireless infrastructure and supporting systems,
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment,
- Administer the college’s network security including firewall, user access and permissions,
- Analyze and monitor server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security issues,
- Serve as the top tier of support for network related issues,
- Set up, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain IT infrastructure (network related) for staff, faculty and student on campus and at the College’s remote locations,
- Train users on the proper use of network servers and software applications,
- Manage the network with the aid of network management software,
- Install network peripherals (cameras, wireless access points, video conference),
- Recommend upgrades of network infrastructure equipment,
- Collaborate with other IT staff to maintain, upgrade, and repair computer and networking equipment,
- Support audio visual needs on campus,
- Install and maintain campus-wide network wiring system,
- Plan and administer the college’s wireless network,
- Plan and administer the college’s telephony needs,
- Coordinate the repair of computer systems under warranty,
- Collaborate on IT projects, missions and goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557