Closes: Monday, May 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in computer science or a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Must have at least 3 or more years of work experience as a Network Security Technician or related position . Must have technical knowledge of networking, computer security systems, and databases. Must be familiar with web-related technologies and network protocols to perform duties.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Proven experience developing, operating, and maintaining security systems
- Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security, and network monitoring solutions
- In-depth knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems, intrusion detection, notification systems, security protocols, principles, and best practices
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Cybersecurity certifications
The Network Security Technician is the first line of defense against malicious attacks on the NCC network. Position will be responsible for screening NCC’s critical IT infrastructure for weaknesses to create and implement robust countermeasures. The Network Security Technician will train employees on security best practices and advise management on investments to safeguard the NCC’s computer and network systems.
- Develop, execute, maintain, and track the performance of security measures to protect institutional data, network infrastructure, and computer systems
- Design computer security strategies to create comprehensive cybersecurity architectures
- Plan, develop, implement, document, and update the College’s information security strategy
- Identify, define, and document system security requirements, and recommend solutions to management
- Install and maintain software and hardware that monitors campus systems and networks for potential security intrusions
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures
- Educate and train employees on information system security best practices