Closes: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in computer-related field
- One year experience in enterprise network setting
- One year (current versions) Microsoft Server, Windows, and Microsoft Office 365 experience
- One year IP telephony, camera surveillance, and/or wireless networking experience
- One year hardware maintenance and repair
- One year experience with cybersecurity and incident response
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field
- Two+ years network and data security experience
- One year AWS or comparable cloud computing service experience
- One year audio visual equipment experience, including sound experience
- One year Apple Macintosh computer experience
- A+ Certification and Net+ certification
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Network Specialist – Infrastructure position, under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Information Technology Services, is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of all designated RCC computers and classroom instructional technology, as well as network security for the college. This position will also assist with cybersecurity, the voice over IP system, and the enterprise network.
- Install, configure, integrate, upgrade, and maintain network hardware, software and devices, including servers, switches, routers, firewalls, cameras and wireless devices, cabling and other wiring equipment.
- Assist with day-to-day network operations and incident response. This includes, but not limited to, cybersecurity, the maintenance and administration of the college networks (both local and remote campus networks), VoIP system, camera security system and wireless devices.
- Configure and install all RCC computers and classroom instructional technology equipment.
- Coordinate, repair, and perform maintenance and upgrades on instructional lab computers.
- Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance on the instructional technology equipment, as needed.
- Serve as a technical contact for college events.
- Conduct preliminary research of new technology.
- Conduct end user training as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205