RCC Service Area
Closes: Saturday, October 17, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of Linux and Windows server management, modern networking concepts, firewall configuration and maintenance, MS Office 365 administration, Security Camera/DVR management, Microsoft System Center management, Document imaging, and management of IP telephony and unified communication systems. Effective written and oral communication skills, ability to work effectively as a member of a team, self motivated, able to work effectively without direct supervision.
Associate Degree in an Information Technology related field preferred, CCNA (or better) preferred. MCSA (or better) preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field or 3+ years equivalent work experience preferred.
General Description of the Position:
The Network Systems Engineer reports directly to the Chief Information Officer. The purpose of the position is to recommend, design, implement, and support college network infrastructure based on the needs of staff and faculty.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Manage Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, reflecting organizational needs.
- Install, maintain, and repair network server, storage, and backup hardware.
- Manage Microsoft Office 365 environment.
- Manage the college's AWS and Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- Perform backup and restore procedures to ensure data integrity.
- LAN/WAN design, management, and configuration.
- Install and maintain networking infrastructure. (Cabling, wireless, routers, switches, etc.)
- Provide training to end users for new and existing college services.
- Install, administer, and support network server applications. (Reporting, phone, document imaging, etc.)
- Install and support Instructional Technology. (SMART Boards, Audio/Video equipment, projectors, etc.)
- Perform research on and evaluate solutions for college needs.
- Serve as backup for Network Systems Security Analyst.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: Open until filled. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.