Scotland Correctional Institute
Closes: Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A demonstrated understanding and commitment to the open door philosophy of the community colleges as well as a commitment to student learning is required. Qualified applicants must have skills in critical analysis and problem solving, and independent decision-making ability. Organizational and multi-tasking skills are an essential element of this position. AA or AAS degree in Networking Technology required.
Ability to effectively teach inmates. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. A strong understanding of current Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Products. Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution with special reference to the total fulfillment of the open door policy. CISCO or other industry recognized networking certification preferred. Qualified applicant must have a demonstrated knowledge of and commensurate experience in the field of networking technology. Teaching experience in the field of adult education preferred
General Description: The Networking Technology Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Director of Adult Education and the Vice President for Workforce and Economic Development and in cooperation with the Scotland Correctional Institution’s educational department, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the Networking Technology program at Scotland Correctional Institution. Instruct networking technology course that is designed introduce the student to networking technology applications including the OSI model, network topologies, IP addressing, subnet masks, routing theory, switching terminology, router configuration and switch configuration. Topics include the basic functions of the seven layers of the OSI model, different classes of IP addressing and subnetting, router setup, routing protocol setup, VLANS, and switching technology. WAN technologies and network design theory will also be covered
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Provides effective instruction in the area of networking technology.
- Securely manages classroom and networking lab operations in the networking program to include class specific software and hardware.
- Provides adequate preparation of the course material used in the assigned course and utilizes the approved text and/or assigned materials.
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of the approved program curriculum instructional processes and strives to meet those standards with available resources.
- Provides adequate supervision of students under instructor's assignment and classroom management in compliance with RichmondCC and Department of Public Safety polices.
- Maintain a current course outline in the Workforce and Economic Development office.
- Provides classroom, laboratory, or related instruction in accordance with approved lesson plan and required program standards.
- Administer proficiency examinations and the final certification exam and ensure that standardized testing procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain and submit accurate records and documentation in a timely manner.
- Abide by all directives set forth in the formal agreement between Richmond Community College and Scotland Correctional Institute.
- Keep college administration advised of all matters related to the program.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
Available: Immediately. Pending State funds availability. Application review begins: June 27, 2018. To apply: the RCC Application, photocopies or unofficial copies of college transcripts must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Scale. Starting range - $33,014-$41,268, commensurate with experience. Full-time.
Location: Richmond and Scotland service area.
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804 or (910) 276-3331
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer