Sanford, NC and Lillington, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Registered Nurse with an unencumbered license licensed to practice in North Carolina
- At least five (5) years' experience as a Registered Nurse.
- At least one of the following: completion of a course in teaching adults, experience in teaching adults, or experience in supervising Nurse Aides
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership and ability to self-start
- Commitment to providing quality customer service
- An uncompromising commitment to student learning through the college's mission, vision, values, and the delivery of instruction.
- Experience teaching adults in both a seated and online/hybrid environment.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
The instructor teaches a higher level of nursing skills needed in the care of patients/residents. That includes how to maintain oxygen therapy, do sterile dressing changes, maintain IV fluids, suctioning, impaction procedures, gastric tube maintenance, urinary catheter maintenance and blood glucose maintenance. This program prepares participants to successfully fulfill the requirements for completion of the Nurse Aide II course and meet the requirements for listing on the NC Board of Nursing Nurse Aide II Registry.
Applicant must be willing to travel to Harnett and/or Lee County for orientation purposes.
Contact with body secretions can be expected in the clinical environment(i.e. potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens)
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references with application.
- Teaches State Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide II curriculum to students
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course and program.
- Interact with clinical sites to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed
- Quarterly Inventory of NAII supplies then communicating with director of supplies needed.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field
- Assist in recruiting students
- Work cooperatively with all directors and staff.
- Take part in applicable skills training
- Take part in applicable staff training
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.