- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 25, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum degree required for academic subject area based on SACSCOC faculty criteria. BSN required, MSN preferred. The applicant must meet all faculty requirements defined by the NC Board of Nursing Education Rules.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Principles and practices of computers and related software
- Assigned program and activities
- Community organizations, public agencies, and other resources for assigned programs and activities
- Educational tools, assessments, and other methods for the assigned programs and activities.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Operate a computer and related software
- Maintain effective working relationships with others
- Plan and organize programs and activities
- Understand and coordinate efforts with a wide range of organizations and special populations
Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Instructors are responsible for providing quality, engaging, and college-level instruction in their specific field/discipline. Instruction should focus on student success and retention using various teaching strategies and delivery methods. Additionally, faculty are responsible for participating in professional development and promoting the College’s mission and vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Assume responsibility for teaching lab, class, and clinical assignments as recommended by the Director of Nursing.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Keep abreast of current technology; incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines and ensure that content meets SACSCOC approved competencies.
- Develop and maintain student learning outcomes for each instructional area.
- Fulfill the duties of supervision of students as applicable, and maintain a clean, safe, and efficient classroom, laboratory, and/or clinical environment.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records, including attendance, grade reports, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Nursing for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses and the scheduling of classroom, laboratory, and clinical facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Assist in program recruitment and monitoring student retention.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for the position.
- Maintain compliance with all professional development, training, and human resource requirements as determined by the clinical facilities utilized for student clinical experiences.
- Attend all required departmental and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on departmental and college-wide committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Other duties may be assigned.