1011 Page Street Troy, NC 27371
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Nursing required
- Unrestricted RN license to practice in NC
- 2 years of medical/surgical or nursing experience required
- Previous teaching experience preferred
The Nursing Instructor is responsible for student success by creating an optimum learning environment. The full-time nursing faculty participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation and revision of the program curriculum. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation in total affairs of the college.
- Provides instruction to introduce students to the nursing industry and prepare them for entry-level positions in the medical field.
- Develop course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans for curriculum courses assigned.
- Review appropriate textbooks and instructional materials and media for the classes to be taught.
- Develops lectures, classroom activities, and hands-on exercises for students to participate and learn.
- Monitors and records student progress in courses.
- Administers tests or other evaluation methods to students.
- Keeps records of student attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as assigned
- Assists in the recruitment, orientation, registration, retention and placement and follow up of students.
- Keep regular posted office hours as approved by the department chair.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Montgomery Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.