RCC Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors of Science of Nursing and Masters degree from a regionally accredited institution. Current, valid unrestricted North Carolina nursing license or a valid, current multi-state license from a Nurse Licensure Compact state to practice nursing in North Carolina (NC). Two calendar years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse. North Carolina Community College teaching experience desired.
*NOTE: In accordance with NCBON Educational Rule 21 NCAC 36 .0318 FACULTY "prior to or within the first three years of employment, have education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to faculty assignment."
Same as minimum.
- Provide a quality learning experience for RCC students in the Associate Degree and Practical Nursing curricula.
- Plan, organize, promote and teach nursing courses for the College
- Perform all instruction-related duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the College, the NCCCS and the NC Board of Nursing
- Provide placement, advising and follow-up support services for students
- Assist in the preparation of students for the National Licensure Examination
- Assist with laboratory facilitation and instruction, to include simulation
- Communicate effectively in both the educational and health care settings
- Demonstrate professional development and use of instructional strategies to improve student learning
- Function effectively as a member of the didactic, laboratory and clinical faculty
- Implement and assess identified program and institutional student learning outcomes
- Perform assessments of nursing students’ cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills
- Serve on department and college committees as requested
- Supervise students in the use of evidence based practice guidelines during clinical experiences in the Associate Degree and Practical Nursing curricula.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources, Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359