- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution and must obtain a Graduate Degree in nursing from an accredited institution within five years of initial full time employment.
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- Two calendar years or the equivalent of full time clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Prior to or within the first three years of employment, have preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Competence in the areas of assigned responsibility; and
- Current knowledge of nursing practice for the Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse.
Required license of certificate:
- Hold an active unencumbered license or a multistate licensure privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
- Current certification with American Heart Association BLS/CPR with AED for Adult and Child.
- Teaching experience, especially at the post-secondary level, is preferred.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Full-time position based at the CCCC Louise L. Tuller School of Nursing on the Lee County Campus in Sanford. The successful candidate will plan and deliver instruction in the Associate Degree Nursing program. Hours will vary due to clinical rotations. Instructor may be required to teach at any college location within the College's three-county service area. Some in-state or out-of-state travel related to discipline specific training could be required.
Salary depends on education and experience.
Master's Degree salary range: $56,509-$70,055
Doctoral Degree salary range: $60,376-$73,976
This position is open until filled and may close without notice.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, participate in curriculum implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Serve as student advisor as assigned.
- Recruit for department/curriculum as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in the annual Compliance Assist Assessment.
- Assist in maintaining department/curriculum equipment, supplies, and materials, and library and support resources.
- Assist in registration and orientation as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings and other College activities.
- Keep supervisor informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Complete Blackboard Levels training as well as maintain a Blackboard course site for each course taught during the semester.
- Work the minimum required 35 hours per week and post and hold the required five (5) office hours per week.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Plan and participate in articulation activities with public schools and other community agencies.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Maintain current industry licensure and credentials, including earning annual CME/CEUs.