Weldon, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, July 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Current unrestricted RN nursing license in NC;
- Masters in nursing education or obtain a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution within 3 years of initial full time employment (NCBON);
- Within the first three years of employment, have preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment (NCBON).
The mission and purpose of HCC's School of Allied Health and Career & Technical Education is to support the college's Mission, Vision, and Strategic Goals by empowering students to achieve their academic and personal goals for a diverse and global society. The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success.
Examples of Duties:
- Develop course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans for curriculum courses assigned.
- Review and select appropriate textbooks and instructional materials and media for classes to be taught.
- Develop lectures, classroom activities, laboratory, hands-on exercises, and/or actual work site exercises for students to participate and learn.
- Monitors and records student progress in courses.
- Administers test or other evaluation methods to students; grades and gives feedback on exercises, homework assignments, and tests.
- Keeps records of students attendance.
- Serves as advisor to assigned students.
- The instructor participates in ongoing professional development and campus activities and fulfills committee responsibilities.
- The instructor will also supervise students in the clinical setting.
- The instructor will ensure continuous improvement of instruction by means of ongoing program assessment.
- The instructor will maintain a minimum of five office hours and no less than thirty-two hours per week of work on campus.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.