1011 Page Street Troy, NC 27371
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications & Degree Requirements
- Master's degree in Nursing required
- Unrestricted RN license to practice in NC
- 2 years of medical/surgical or nursing experience required
Previous teaching experience preferred
The Nursing Instructor is responsible for student success by creating an optimum learning environment. The full-time nursing faculty participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation and revision of the program curriculum. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation in total affairs of the college.
- Provides instruction to introduce students to the nursing industry and prepare them for entry-level positions in the medical field.
- Develop course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans for curriculum courses assigned.
- Review appropriate textbooks and instructional materials and media for the classes to be taught.
- Develops lectures, classroom activities, and hands-on exercises for students to participate and learn.
- Monitors and records student progress in courses.
- Administers tests or other evaluation methods to students.
- Keeps records of student attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as assigned
- Assists in the recruitment, orientation, registration, retention and placement and follow up of students.
- Keep regular posted office hours as approved by the department chair.