Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 1, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree with a major in nursing (MSN). Education concentration preferred, however, candidates with a MSN with a different concentration must provide evidence of one the following prior to or within the first two years of employment:
• Completion of 45 contact hours of continuing education courses in the areas of curriculum development and implementation, adult learning theory, teaching-learning principles, assessment and evaluation;
• Completion of a certificate program in nursing education;
• Nine semester hours of education course-work;
• Obtain national certification in nursing education; or
• Provide documentation of successful completion of structured, individualized development activities of at least 45 contact hours approved by the Board. Criteria for approval include content in the faculty role within the curriculum implementation, objectives to be met and evaluated, review of strategies for the identified student population, and expectations of student and faculty performance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing practice in a medical-surgical setting as a Registered Nurse;
- Hold a valid NC driver’s license;
- Have current immunizations;
- Computer literate;
- Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility;
- Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and,
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Meet essential cognitive, sensory, affective & psychomotor performance requirements & functions
- Hold a current unrestricted license as an RN to practice in North Carolina;
- Hold current certification in adult and child CPR (AHA Healthcare Provider Course);
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is expanding their Associate Degree Nursing program and is accepting applications to fill two full-time (10-month) Associate Degree Nursing Instructor positions. Work, live, and play at the beach! AS a Nursing Instructor, you will play a pivotal role in educating and mentoring the next generaion of nurses. We are committed to providing quality education, and we value individuals who are passionate about teachng and nursing.
Benefits include paid sick leave, 12 paid holidays per year, PENSION, low-cost ($25) health insurance, and other optional insurance benefits such as vision and dental insurance.
Salary Range: $5,000 - $5,400 per month (10-month faculty position, August - May)
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Apply online at www.carteret/edu/jobs. Your complete application must include a resume, and a copy of your unofficial college transcripts.
Essential Duties include:
An instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties.
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chair and approved by the division dean
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers North Carolina Board of Nursing and SACS-approved competencies
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc. Submits “end-of-semester” report to department chair
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary
- Make recommendations to department chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise
- Provide assistance to advisees and participates in new student orientation
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees
- Follow up on all assigned advisees
- Attend training sessions relative to advising
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the department chair and then the division dean and participate in those activities
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings
- Serve on committees as required
- Participate in college-wide activities
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings
Must have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule which may include evening and weekend clinical hours. Limited travel within our service area. Overnight travel for clinical and professional meetings may be required.
Permanent full-time employees are required to contribute to the Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System (TSERS). The mandatory employee contribution is 6%; the employer contribution is as established by the General Assembly.
Carteret Community College is an equal opportunity/E-verify employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. We value diversity in our faculty and staff, and we are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Job offers are conditional upon a successful criminal background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557