- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, September 26, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- 2-years’ full-time experience as a Registered Nurse
- North Carolina Board of Nursing Teaching & Learning Requirement or approved plan to meet within three years of hire date
- Use of computer software (email, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- One year of experience as a full-time instructor in a nursing program
- Previous management, administrative, or supervisory experience
- Prior experience with program administration
- Prior experience with clinical coordination
The Nursing Programs Coordinator/PN Program Head is responsible for providing oversight of the PN program, managing the clinical planning of all Nursing programs, coordinating and implementing program courses, managing the digital platforms to ensure the students are receiving adequate exposure to and preparation for NCLEX content and clinical experiences. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with Nursing faculty to ensure equitable opportunities and outcomes are met for all students. The Coordinator will provide dedicated and intentional oversight of all clinical affiliates. This is a 12-month position and reports to the Dean of the School of Health Sciences.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
Essential Job Duties:
- Collaborate with Nursing faculty on planning, coordinating, and implementing the assigned program(s) and orientation. Schedule clinical visitations for all nursing faculty.
- Meet with the students regarding clinical scheduling and other needs.
- Serve as a liaison for the Nursing programs and clinical affiliates.
- Reviews clinical locations and schedules of available preceptors. Assigns student preceptors accordingly.
- Orients clinical instructors regarding their roles in facilitating the students’ experience.
- Consult with students, clinical instructors, and preceptors to ensure the needs of the students are adequately met.
- Verifies all clinical documents for students and faculty.
- Verifies minimum requirements are met for employment of preceptors and clinical instructors.
- Collaborate with the SimLab Coordinator to identify and support the transfer of knowledge from the classroom to lab and ultimately to the clinical setting.
- Assist with the remedial training in the SimLab.
- Provides oversight of continuous NCLEX preparation.
- Manage digital platforms and analyze data to improve retention and NCLEX pass rates.
- Serve as a faculty advisor for students in the assigned program(s).
- Assist with the evaluation of the assigned program(s) and NUR courses, including but not limited to, course completion, program retention, licensing exam pass rate, job placement, and graduate surveys.
- Aggregates, disaggregates, and analyzes data to support the improvement of student learning outcomes.
- Submit clinical requests and send student information to clinical sites each semester.
- Collaborate with Student Retention and Success to ensure program acceptance processes are fair and equitable.
- Serve as chair of assigned Departmental committees.
- Support student success and inform the academic dean of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) in assigned program(s) as soon as possible.
- Maintain digital records of the programs, including course notebooks and other documentation as required by the Board of Nursing.
- Assist with completion of the annual report to the Board of Nursing for assigned program(s) and Program Descriptive report at required time intervals.
- Manages the PN budget.
- Maintain a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences. These hours may be extended at the discretion of the dean during registration or other time periods.
- Regularly participate as a member of assigned institutional committees and attend scheduled program/department meetings.
- Engage in professional development, specifically related to instruction and program development.
- Perform community service activities, participate in student recruitment efforts as directed, and collaborate with marketing on strategies for program growth.
- Experiment with new, innovative teaching techniques.
- Obtain and maintain certification in online delivery systems as required by the college.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technology.
- Maintain proficiency in all areas of nursing.
- Assume other duties as assigned by Academic Dean or Vice President of Learning, Student Engagement & Success.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Job Post Contact