Closes: Friday, August 5, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of similar job-related experience with the NC Community College System.
- Masters in Leadership, Business, MBA, Engineering, Education or other related fields.
At least 5 years of similar job-related experience with the NC Community College System.
The Director provides leadership for all facets of Occupational Extension (OE) and Human Resource Development (HRD) programming, including course development, planning, scheduling, and monitoring. The Director serves as a liaison between the community and the college and reports directly to the Dean of Continuing Education and College & Career Readiness.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Supervises, evaluates, and hires all staff within the OE and HRD Department.
- Evaluates instructors, course content and over-all program performance. Develops the goals and objectives for the department and assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Researches the needs of schools, businesses, and the community within the college’s service area and the state to determine programming based on in-demand and high-demand jobs.
- Partners with outside organizations and business to offer programs in demand.
- Collaborates with internal partners to support guided pathways or support other college programs, to include management of non-credit to credit pathways.
- Conducts audits for at least 50% of classes offered within the program and brings instructional issues to the attention of the Dean of Continuing Education and College & Career Readiness.
- Teams with satellite campuses to offer programs that serve the needs of each campus.
- Ensures and maintains the quality of all OE programs.
- Conducts formal, semi-annual evaluations of the OE Department to determine effectiveness and opportunities for improvements.
- Participates in professional development activities such as workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Develops and implements the marketing of the OE Department.
- Serves on various college committees, local and business associations, Chambers, and task forces to promote the program.
- Represents VGCC positively to the community, business and industry, and media.
- Prepares and submits all required reports and documentation to ensure program approvals and financial reimbursements.
- Ensures compliance with state requirements for OE programs.
- Orders supplies and submits program invoices in E-procurement for OE and HRD.
- Manages all aspects of the CDL-A Truck Driver Training Program: collaborates with Caldwell CC as it relates to the partner-college agreement; manages part-time staff; oversees truck fleet and trailer maintenance; maintains required paperwork; ensures program compliance to NC DMV; coordinates student orientation and registration.
Human Resource Development (HRD) Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures compliance with state requirements for the HRD program and fee waivers.
- Ensures compliance with ACT WorkKeys® and issuing of the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean, Continuing Education and CCR.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact