RichmondCC Service Area
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, May 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the Institution. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Able to teach in various delivery modes. Willing to accept day and/or evening teaching assignments and teaching assignments at other locations as needed by the Institution.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum Education and Experience: Masters of Business Administration degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Ability and credentials to teach all Office Systems Technology (OST) courses offered in the OST program required. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in 2016 (or more current) Word and 2016 (or more current) PowerPoint required.
Prior work experience in Human Resources preferred. Prior postsecondary teaching experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to integrate computers into the instructional environment and online teaching experience preferred.
A Department Chairperson/Program Coordinator is responsible to their appropriate Dean and Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and works in concert with instructors in the department/program to provide effective instructional programs within that department. Department Chairpersons/Program Coordinators will receive a course load reduction to do administrative duties related to the department/program. In addition to the duties assigned to an instructor, the Department Chairperson's/Program Coordinator’s responsibilities and duties include:
- Participates in administrative decision making within the total curriculum program, including annual reviews. Makes certain that NCCCS and other applicable agency standards are met.
- Assists in the establishment or revision of academic policy.
- Plans, compiles, edits, and maintains annual departmental/program learning outcomes for review in the College’s strategic planning and evaluation process.
- Oversees department/program equipment and supply purchases and budgets and recommends expenditures to the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer.
- Coordinates the development of the semester schedule in collaboration with the Registrar’s office, appropriate Dean, and the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer.
- Completes other duties as required to meet academic, Richmond Community College, and NCCCS requirements.
- If governed by outside agencies, department chairs/program coordinators will ensure the department’s programs meet that agency’s requirements.
- Coordinates departmental/program text selection, working closely with the Bookstore Manager on textbook orders and purchases, instructor ancillaries, and student ancillaries on an ongoing basis.
- Oversees the department/program budget, monitoring equipment needs, making recommendations for equipment and supply purchases, and equipment maintenance to the appropriate Dean.
- Coordinates communication and scheduling meetings (twice a year minimum) with program advisory committee members.
Position Title: Instructor
An Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and in cooperation with the Department Chairperson/Program Coordinator and Dean, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned curriculum area.
Duties and responsibilities of an Instructor are as follows:
- Teaches students effectively to meet student learning outcomes.
- Holds class sessions as scheduled to meet student learning outcomes.
- Maintains office hours as required by college policy.
- Makes course syllabi and Instructor Course Requirements available to students no later than the first class session or the first date of the course session for Distance Learning courses. Rubrics used to evaluate specific assignments should also be made available to students.
- Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
- Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
- Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
- Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of curricula through the planning process and departmental meetings.
- Provides the Vice President for Instruction or his/her designee with updated Instructor’s Course Requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
- Attends and participates in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs.
- Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Position Available: August 5, 2021. Application review begins: May 16, 2021. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Faculty Salary Scale. Starting range $46,621-$69,979, commensurate with experience. Full-time position.
Location: RCC service area
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer