Weldon, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in Office Administration, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Computer Studies or related field.
- Must be a team player who is committed to the community college "open door" philosophy; adheres to research-based teaching practices that promote academic excellence in teaching and learning.
- Two years of faculty experience in a community college setting,
- Experience teaching dual enrollment (high school age) students,
- Experience as a department head,
- Experience recruiting students,
- Experience promoting programs,
- Experience mentoring adjunct faculty,
- Experience facilitating department budget needs,
- Experience with SACS-COC program and faculty requirements,
- Experience developing courses,
- Experience developing curriculum programs,
- Experience with Blackboard in an instructor role;
- Specific experience with online instruction and educational technology is preferred.
- Experience working with the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students.
The mission and purpose of HCC's School of Arts and Sciences and Professional Studies is to support the college's Mission, Vision, and Strategic Goals by empowering students to achieve their academic and personal goals for a diverse and global society.
Examples of Duties:
The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success. He/she manages the internal affairs of the department and works closely with the Associate Dean of Curriculum/Chair of Arts & Sciences and Professional Studies with faculty recruitment, hiring processes, budget management, and encouraging faculty development for the department. He/she is responsible for program recruitment, managing schedules, textbook orders, and overall student success for his/her departmental area.
The Department Head of Office Administration and Medical Office Administration will:
- plan, organize, and teach curriculum Office Administration or Medical Office Administration courses as assigned to ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college;
- provide direct supervision and evaluation of full-time and part-time faculty in the Office Administration and Medical Office Administration departments;
- maintain class attendance records and submit all reports in a timely manner;
- administer periodic learning assessments and provide timely feedback to students; maintain office hours each week;
- prepare and revise syllabi;
- participate in on-going professional development opportunities;
- other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Curriculum/Chair of Arts & Sciences and Professional Studies and/or administration.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.