Williamston, NC (Martin County)
Closes: Monday, November 5, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study (Instructional Design/Technology, Educational Technology, Instructional Systems Technology, Computer Information Technology/Computer Science)
- Teaching experience in an online environment, strong background in online instructional design
- Knowledge of ADA compliance
- Master’s degree in a related field of study (Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology)
- Demonstrated success in problem-solving, project management, and collaboration with faculty and staff;
- LMS administrative experience.
- Three-year’s experience integrating technology (video, graphics, animations, and interactive media elements, etc.) into higher education instruction/faculty development;
- Experience in conducting quality reviews of online courses using Quality Matters rubric or other assessment tool;
- Ability to continually adapt and to learn about new technologies and educational design strategies.
- Blackboard or Moodle experience.
This position is responsible for assisting faculty in the successful production of high-quality online courses that support institutional, program, and student learning outcomes through the MCC learning management system (LMS). A function of this position is to develop and implement a series of professional development opportunities on a variety of topics related to the use of technology as an instructional tool. Receives direction from the Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Research and identify best practices in instructional technologies that will enhance instruction and student learning
- Identify barriers to student learning/student readiness and work to implement problem-solving solutions in identifying and utilizing instructional technology
- Assist faculty with development and design of quality online learning courses through innovative technology, including social and mobile media
- Assist faculty with developing new online courses and integrating online resources into traditional classroom environments
- Develop and implement a multi-faceted series of faculty development opportunities
- Work with faculty to promote and encourage the use of effective andragogy, pedagogy, and technology in the online educational environment
- Assist faculty with creating course content which is ADA compliant, meets SACSCOC compliance, and utilizes the Principles of Universal Instructional Design
- Create innovative and engaging online training tutorials for faculty, staff, and students
- Plan, execute, and manage efforts to incorporate new opportunities and support existing online course development
- Provide LMS support for college staff, faculty, and students
- Collaborate with college staff, faculty, and administrative personnel to make academic and educational support services equitably available to online as well as traditional learners
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of courses and other instructional materials using MCC’s Online Standards Review, designated rubrics, or other objective assessment criteria
- Assist with designing and implementing MCC’s Online Standards Review
- Attend on-going professional development to stay current in the field
How to Apply
To be considered for a position, applicants must submit a completed North Carolina State Government Application for Employment (PD-107), resume, contact information of three (3) professional references, a copy of all college transcript(s), and a letter of interest that includes desired salary. Send your completed packet to the following address:
Personnel, Martin Community College, 1161 Kehukee Park Road, Williamston, NC 27892
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Martin Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job Post Contact
Office of Human Resources
1161 Kehukee Park Road
Williamston, NC 27892