201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, mass communications, or related field from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Four years’ full-time experience in radio programming or production required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and competency in computer operations required.
- Experience with digital audio (Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, and iMediaTouch Broadcast Automation and Production software) required.
- Two years’ experience with Content Depot, Adobe Audition and Wide Orbit automation System required.
- Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state, and local broadcasting regulations required.
- Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres, excellent on-air performance, familiarity with public radio programming required.
- Excellent on-air announcing skills required.
- An air check must be submitted on compact disc or mp3 at time of application.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Experience with G-Selector music scheduling software preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications will be accepted until 10/11/22
Responsible for supervising, coordinating, and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the radio station. Including monitoring and maintaining program and technical operations, working with network and syndicated programming providers, producing station imagining and underwriting announcements, on-air announcing, overseeing remote broadcasts, and maintaining automation system. Reports to the Station Manager (WSGE).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, coordinate, and oversee the day-to-day operations of the radio station including programming and technical operations.
- Work closely with the Station Manager, broadcast engineer, programming staff, news staff, and IT on any technical, operations, and production related matters. Coordinate and schedule technical support as needed for software or equipment malfunction. Collaborate with the broadcast engineer to address the overall technical needs of the radio station.
- Ensure the station’s automation system is programmed and setup on a daily basis and ensure NPR and other syndicated programs are scheduled. Guarantee the ongoing operation of the station by continuously monitoring the automated system, and anticipating and correcting problems promptly.
- Provide consistent back-up and support for key station and program operations during attended and unattended dayparts, with specific emphasis on periods of unattended automated operations.
- Coordinate general production, including voicing editing and scheduling imaging, promos and other non-musical content. Monitor broadcast quality of station daily.
- Organize and maintain production calendar for recording studio sessions.
- Serve as regular voice-tracking talent, on-air announcer, and/or station program host, as needed.
- Execute and host community events and live remotes.
- Train staff and volunteers in studio operations, and schedule staff for remotes appearances, as needed.
- Update operations manual for production studio equipment.
- Assist with evaluating on-air staff, as requested by Station Manager.
- Participate in membership drives and other fundraising activities, as requested. Take initiative to develop positive donor relationships.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of relevant information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues and contribute positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College's policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Serve on various College committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact