3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, September 21, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Certified by the International Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (IJCAHPO) as a COT – Certified Technician
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the ophthalmology field.
- Certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Associate degree in a health science or science related field.
- Maintenance of professional memberships and professional activities.
- COMT-certified ophthalmic medical technologist -preferred
The faculty member will plan and implement the OMA/P program and courses, coordinate the annual program Advisory Committee meeting, file an annual program review with the Vice President of Instruction, assess the adequacy of resources, assist in the selection and development of personnel in the program, and maintain program budgets.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Instruct classroom and lab courses within the discipline.
- Advise students in the program and recruit new students.
- Develop course syllabi, program policies and procedures and assessments of student learning and competencies.
- Maintain the program of study and ascertain that it complies with the NCCCS curriculum standards through annual catalog and program review.
- Prepare and submit reports as necessary for program accreditation through ICA (International Council of Accreditation).
- Assist the department chair in the preparation of class schedules that afford students the opportunity to complete the program of study in a timely manner.
- Assist the department chair in maintaining program budgets for equipment and supplies.
- Prepare annual program review or intensive review and participate in program review.
- Establish an advisory committee for the program and hold/document annual meetings.
- Maintain professional memberships and professional activities.
- Communicate regularly with Carolina Eye and other clinical partners regarding program activities and needs.
- Participate in health science department and campus committees and activities.