RIchmond and Scotland Counties service area
Closes: Monday, August 13, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s level qualifications in a department taught at Richmond Community College from an accredited institution. Excellent oral and written communication skills; Knowledge of effective oral and written communication praxis; Ability to work collaboratively; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and willing to work in the evening and other campus locations as needed.
Knowledge of modern communication mediums, technologies, and practices preferred. College teaching experience preferred; Tutoring or consultation experience preferred; Experience with a writing and/or speaking center and multi-disciplinary programs preferred.
General Description: The Oral and Written Communication Center Consultant, under the authority and direction of the OWCC Coordinator, is responsible for providing professional tutoring and consultations across the disciplines in Oral and Written Communication to RichmondCC students.
Duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Provide face-to-face and online skilled oral and written tutorial services for current RichmondCC students.
- Participate in professional development workshop within three months of employment and annually thereafter. Workshops provided by RichmondCC’s OWCC Coordinator.
- Provide a comfortable, non-threatening, non-judgmental environment in which students, faculty, and staff can receive the speaking and writing help and support they need.
- Maintain confidentiality of all students’ academic and personal information.
- Assist faculty and staff on Center equipment and services.
- Assist/provide professional development workshops/training to support the Center’s services and to support the QEP.
- Market the Center and increase awareness of the OWCC to all RichmondCC constituents to sustain annual growth goals.
- Maintain open communication with the OWCC Coordinator and QEP Director, as well as the on-site administrator at off-campus sites
- Support annual Center assessment with perception, satisfaction, and usage surveys
- Maintain accurate records for payroll and assessment purposes.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
Temporary part-time. Monday – Friday. Hours may include day and evening.
Bachelor’s degree $12.00 hr.
Master’s degree $15.00 hr.
Ph.D. $18.00 hr.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu