Closes: Monday, December 19, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in business, education, or another related field.
- One to two years of related work experience.
- Strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, or another related field.
- Experience working in higher education admissions, financial aid, or other student services area.
- Experience working in a North Carolina Community College.
- Experience working with Colleague, Student information systems software, by Ellucian.
The Outreach and Student Support Coach reports to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services in the implementation of essential job duties related to outreach and student support including but not limited to admissions and financial aid. The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services will provide primary guidance, manage the major resources the employee relies on to perform their work, conduct performance reviews, and provide all other direct supervision. This is a one-year time limited position.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Serve as a college resource person and representative that connects with community organizations, adult learners, and local schools to share admissions, financial aid, and program information with prospective students.
- Coordinate and attend special programs and events as needed to support prospective students and community partners as it relates to Admissions & Enrollment Services.
- Co-facilitate New Student Orientation with other Student Access & Support departments
- Promote college academic programs to prospective students and other target populations.
- Provide a supportive enrollment experience for new students based on a student-centered approach to the enrollment process.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form with prospective students, families, college faculty and staff, prospective applicants, and financial aid community.
- Interpret and explain institutional, federal, and state regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines pertaining to the enrollment process and financial aid.
- Provide prospective, new, and current students with guidance on completing admission, financial aid, and other related enrollment paperwork by assessing needs and asking appropriate questions.
- Attend workshops and training to keep abreast of changing regulations, procedures, and technology as it applies to the function of the admissions, outreach, and student support.
- Keep up-to-date records on prospective students (inquiry-to-applicant) and tracks student inquiries to increase awareness of programs and admissions requirements through organized records.
- Collaborate with Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services and Dean of Student Access and Support to develop and implement strategies that are designed to increase a presence in the community and interest in the college’s academic program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services or Dean of Student Access and Support.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact