- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Preferred: Associates degree from an accredited required in a related field
All coursework must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Five years’ experience in Outside Upholstery.
- Principles and procedures of academic and institutional program development in relevant field
- Current trends, research, developments, and resources in relevant field
- Federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they relate to students and teaching
- Create effective instruction for delivery both online and in the classroom while maintaining any relevant equipment and supplies related to instruction.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Work effectively in diverse teams, being an example to the student of discipline and good work ethic.
- Work within assigned department and cross-functionally across the college.
- Effectively move from student to student teaching at their skill level with hands-on instruction.
- Ability to communicate well with students while teaching them the skills required for completion of the program and assess the students’ progress and set goals of attainment
- Interpret and apply college goals, policies, and procedures
Refer to minimum qualifications
Adjunct faculty members provide instruction in assigned courses on a part-time, as-needed basis. The current need is for evening instruction at our Catawba Furniture Academy location.
Part-time faculty postings are a part of Catawba Valley Community College's efforts to expand our pool of adjunct instructors. Applications from qualified applicants will be kept on file and may be contacted at a later date.
Examples of Duties
Provide effective Outside Upholstery (Trim) instruction for Upholstered Furniture to meet the medium to upper end Upholstered Furniture Industry to students online and/or in the classroom by preparing for each learning experience, providing supplemental materials to enhance textbooks and lessons, and using effective evaluation methods to measure student performance.
Ensure teaching and working environment (classroom, lab, shop) by maintaining equipment and supplies, ensuring overall cleanliness, functionality, and conformance to OSHA standards.
Maintain accurate records (such as attendance, grades, documentation for accreditation, etc.) and submit any corresponding reports according to departmental or college guidelines.