PACE Success Coach
Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Education, Training & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- At least one year of full-time related work experience in college advising and/or success coaching or student engagement experienced.
Preferred Education, Training & Skills:
- Master's degree in higher education, adult education or a related field.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- At least one year of full-time related work experience in college advising and/or success coaching or student engagement experience in a community college setting.
- Ability to be a problem solver, follow complex directions, multi-tasker, and ability to work independently with good judgment in decision-making.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Alamance Community College has been awarded the Title III Strengthening Institutions Program (SIP) grant, which will be used to fund the PACE: Persistence from Application to Completion in Education program at ACC for the next five years. The PACE Success Coach will engage proactively with a caseload of students in one of the three divisions at Alamance Community College:
- Applied Engineering, Agriculture, and Skilled Trades Division
- Business, Arts & Sciences Division
- Health and Public Services Division
The PACE Success Coach will work to facilitate strong coach-student relationships and to help connect students to key supports and resources at the college and beyond. Success coaches will assist students with career exploration, navigating the college environment and other initiatives to increase student retention and completion. The success coach will report to the lead success coach/activity coordinator.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Engage proactively with student caseload in assigned academic division(s).
- Use an intrusive advising model guided by an appreciative advising approach and facilitated by online early-alert/academic planning system.
- Identify and provide outreach to at-risk students to encourage participation in coaching appointments and other means of intentional intervention and student support activities.
- Work closely with faculty and student success center staff to communicate accurate information, guide students through identified administrative barriers, and referral to key college supports and resources.
- Collaborates with campus colleagues to coordinate training efforts in areas such as AVISO, Intrusive Advising, and Appreciative Advising.
- Research best practices and make recommendations for improvements and changes to programs to enhance student retention.
- Support a caseload of students to navigate referral for career pathways.
- Assist/participate in extended orientation activities such as New Student Orientations and success workshops as assigned.
- Report student reported issues affecting retention and completion.
- Teach at least one College Student Success course.
As this position will be working closely with the students and faculty within the following programs, candidates with experience working in the following fields and/or experience advising/success coaching for any of these programs is ideal but not required:
Applied Engineering, Agriculture & Skilled Trades
- Advertising and Graphic Design
- Agribusiness Technology
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Agriculture Education
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology
- Animal Care and Management Technology
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Computer-Aided Drafting Technology
- Completer-Integrated machining
- Culinary Arts
- Horticulture Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Mechanical engineering technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Welding Technology
Business, Arts & Sciences
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Associate
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Information Technology
- Medical Office Administration
- Office Administration
- Spanish Language Certificate
- University Transfer Programs including Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering, Associate in Fine Arts Music, Associate in Fine Arts Visual Arts, Associate in Arts Teacher Prep, Associate in Science Teacher Prep
Health and Public Services
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Science
- Fire Protection Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Nurse Aide
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
Here is the link to apply: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/alamanceccedu/jobs/3934837/pace-succe...