Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Thursday, January 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Ideal candidate will have at least one year of full-time related work experience in college advising and/or success coaching or student engagement experienced.
Master’s degree in higher education or related field. At least one year of full-time related work experience in college advising and/or success coaching or student engagement experience in a community college setting. Ability to be a problem solver, follow complex directions, multi-tasker, and ability to work independently with good judgment in decision-making.
As this position will be working closely with the Applied Engineering, Agriculture, and Skilled Trades Division, experience working in the following fields and/or experience advising/success coaching for any of these programs is ideal:
- Advertising and Graphic Designg
- Agribusiness Technology
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Agriculture Education
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology
- Animal Care and Management Technology
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Computer-Aided Drafting Technology
- Completer-Integrated machining
- Culinary Arts
- Horticulture Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Mechancial engineering technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Welding Technology
Alamance Community College has been awarded the Title III Strengthening Institutions Program (SIP) grant, which will be used to fund the PACE: Persistence from Application to Completion in Education program at ACC for the next five years. This embedded PACE Success Coach will engage proactively with a caseload of student in the Applied Engineering, Agriculture, and Skilled Trades Division to facilitate strong coach-student relationships and to help connect students to key supports and resources at the college and beyond. Success coaches will assist students with career exploration, navigating the college environment and other initiatives to increase student retention and completion. The success coach will report to the lead success coach/activity coordinator.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Engage proactively with student caseload in assigned academic division(s).
- Use an intrusive advising model guided by an appreciative advising approach and facilitated by online early-alert/academic planning system.
- Identify and provide outreach to at-risk students to encourage participation in coaching appointments and other means of intentional intervention and student support activities.
- Work closely with faculty and student success center staff to communicate accurate information, guide students through identified administrative barriers, and referral to key college supports and resources.
- Collaborates with campus colleagues to coordinate training efforts in areas such as AVISO, Intrusive Advising, and Appreciative Advising.
- Research best practices and make recommendations for improvements and changes to programs to enhance student retention.
- Support a caseload of students to navigate referral for career pathways.
- Assist/participate in extended orientation activities such as New Student Orientations and success workshops as assigned.
- Report student reported issues affecting retention and completion.
- Teach at least one College Student Success course.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!